The NOTaS foundation aims to stimulate and support the application of Dutch-language language and speech technology (TST).
NOTaS' participants are companies, knowledge institutions, universities and civil society organisations engaged in the development and/or application of Dutch-language TST.
NOTaS seeks to achieve its goals by, among other things:
- organising participant meetings at interesting locations
- publishing the magazine Dixit
- organising conferences, seminars and master classes on TST
- stimulating cooperation in the field of TST
- representing the participants at fairs and conferences
- acting as an (inter)national point of contact for government and industry
- maintaining a network with important organisations in the field of TST
The NOTaS Foundation was founded in March 2001 by N.V. BOM, Knowledge Concepts, Katholieke Universiteit Brabant, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, GIOS Voice Professionals, ManWard, ORCAvoice, Polderland Taal & Spraaktechnologie and Van Dale Data. The initial Brabant focus was quickly diluted by the participation of companies and knowledge institutions from the rest of the Netherlands. Since late 2004, NOTaS has also been open to Flemish and other European organisations engaged in research and development activities in the field of Dutch language and speech technology.